Friday 7 January 2011

Sunburst thank you cards

Or at least, I think that's what they are. I'm currently trying to finish up a log cabin quilt I started last summer and I have lots of tiny weeny little bits of the fabric hanging around. I've found that I just can't throw any fabric away, no matter how small and so I have bulging bag after bag of the tiniest little bits of stuff. Slightly OCD if not completely bonkers. However, I do see it as quite an interesting way of tracking what fabrics and colours I've been into over the year and at some point I might actually use them for something. I'm thinking of sticking them all onto a canvas for the lounge. Or something.

Anyhoo, looking at the growing pile of snippets from the quilt I thought I should try making some thank you cards and this is what I came up with. I like to think of them as positive little rays of fabric sunlight. They go a bit droopy depending on the weight of the fabric but I quite like that. Now, to get them in the post!

The tiny bits of fabric:
fabric-bits

And the finished cards:
Thank you card

Thank you card

Thank you card

Thank you cards

No comments:

Post a Comment