Friday 24 September 2010

Such a labour of love

I began sewing all my strips of material the other day and have now made 9 blocks for the quilt (bit of a rubbish photo, alas but you get the idea).

The beginnings of my first quilt
It is becoming an interesting experiment for me as I wrestle with colour and pattern combinations - I think some blocks are working better than others, and maybe some materials aren't working at all. (The swirling turquoise jobby really isn't doing it for me). It's looking 'OK' but not making me wee myself with excitement. Did I choose the right colours? Is my palette too broad? Are the pattern types too extreme? However, I'm loving the actual sewing, and the fact it is coming together quite quickly makes for high satisfaction levels. Maybe I'll grow to love it more with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment