Wednesday 27 July 2011

Scraps of this, that and the other

My ability to go off track is becoming more and more predictable. Hence, faced with a to-do list as long as my arm I decided this is the moment to start on another quilt. So here it is. Stayed up until the wee small hours sewing these bits together. Went for a completely random approach in the cutting and piecing department. I love the feel of soft, old denim and all the wear out patches and what not. And using an entire leg of denim with the pocket still attached made me chuckle.

Denim quilt #3 work in progress

Not entirely sure about the third row from the top with the mix of different fabrics, but I was on a mission to use up a bunch of fabric samples I've had about the place for the longest time. What I do like is the red, white and blue - it makes me think of seasides for some reason :-)

Sould I get rid of that third row do you think?

Denim quilt #3 work in progress

Pop over to Our Creative Spaces for creative goodness and lovely things.

6 comments:

  1. I love it. My son has been wanting a quilt -this is inspiring. I'm going to look through my stash again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it too! don't pull out the third row - it's great the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, don't touch the 3rd row - it looks good! Love the pocket too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too. Imagine what a great chair coiver this would make! Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pocket - know exactly what you mean about the feel of soft old denim....thats why i own so many pairs of jeans!!!! em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, the third row is now staying! Going to try and finish it this weekend so it's out of my head. And then maybe I can get on LOL. x

    ReplyDelete