Saturday 14 May 2011

My creative space - going slightly off tangent..

Oh! To-do lists staring me down...piles of fabric all messed up needing attention...the leaning tower of admin threatening to topple over...and what do I do? I think to myself, "You know what, I could sew together some of that left over fabric I've got from my denim quilt, but do it roughly this time and then wash it and see what happens."

This is what happened. Before it went into the washing machine:

Before the denim went into the machine

And after:

After the denim came out of the machine

And oh, I think we likey right?

Denim experiment

And so, when I need a bit of a break from all the other things clamoring for attention I'm going to set about making a lovely big quilt using up all the random weird shapes of denim I have lying around. And then maybe use a nice bit of diagonal stripey cotton to back it with. Yum yum.

I think what this crazy freeform denim needs is some formal shirting. A diagonal stripe perhaps, hmmmm yes...

Lovely creative spaces over at Kootoyoo

7 comments:

  1. Love how it's coming together...great inspiration for keeping old jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, definitely likey likey - it's great. I love red white and blue together in such a casual and rustic manner. Your space was the first I landed on after posting mine (a little late!) as you'd used colours similar to my post!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. It's especially great after a wash. The contrast of the other fabric works really well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there =)

    I would love to follow you, but I can't because there is no button to follow on your website...

    look here there is a button: http://theisiwayoflife.blgospot.com
    (this is my website)

    Tell me plz if you add a button!
    greetz isi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Isi, you can add a blog to follow on your blogger dashboard, otherwise I'm trying to find an add button for you..! Thanks for wanting to follow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all over denim crafts these days and your outcome looks simple and modern. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete