Sunday 10 January 2010

Sketch book cover

















I doodle quite a lot. You know, worky stuff, ideas for things, lists of things to do (a virgo does love her lists) and so I have a lot of sketch books hanging about. Cheapy cheap ones from Cass Art, a quid a pop, A5, half decent paper, not too big to be overwhelming, you know the ones. But the covers get properly mashed up in my bag. So the dodgy table cloth stripe experiment found itself a purpose - a simple sketch book cover.

Not too bad. The next one I make may have a claspy closing type device and maybe even a pen holder inside. But boy, did those corners give me grief. Check them out, talk about novice. Typical me, I sort of went for it, had troubles, and then checked out the book of sewing afterwards when it was a tad too late. Ho hum. Lesson learnt. Or rather, not - not entirely sure I understand how to do them even now, mitred corners they're called, seemed like there was an awful of material to somehow conceal. Hmmm.
















I have to say though, I do like the warped stripey thing that's going on.





No comments:

Post a Comment